At Melville Engineering services Limited our employees are our greatest asset and their well-being is of supreme importance. We take health and safety responsibilities very highly.
Our dedication to quality is 100%, soon we will be certified as a full ISO 9001-2008 company.
Melville Engineering services Limited recognizes and is committed under labour laws of Uganda to provide and maintain a safe, healthy and comfortable work environment for its staff and stake holders. We believe that a well-managed health and safety program is an integral part of good management practice.
The company has this Occupational Health and Safety Policy. Staff have an obligation to ensure that they are thoroughly familiar with its content. It is strongly recommended that the policy be carefully read and understood.
We are committed to occupational health and safety, in fulfilling our responsibilities, we will:
1. Comply with all statutory rules and accepted codes and practices relating to health and safety.
2. Set short and long term goals in the administration of health and safety.
3. Ensure workers understand and take responsibility for the health and safety process in each program area.
4. Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure that our workers are aware of safe work practices, emergency procedures and any risks to health and safety in their work environment.
The company will ensure that management /employees have practical knowledge of a take responsibility for:
1. Hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control.
2. Specific health and safety issues within the workplace.
3. Investigation of injuries, near misses and accidents and formulate appropriate preventative action